Wednesday 3 April 2013

Video killed the radio star

Hello everyone, I know it has been a long while since I last posted (every post seems to start with that now - sorry!) but I have recently pretty much become the sole film editor at work, which has pushed the blog to the back burner somewhat.  There is a post about the Hep Cats' Holiday in the works, so watch this space.

Anyway,the title of this blog (very tenuously) links together two things I have been up to recently.

The first: music videos
The second: the radio

Now let me explain.

Over the past year, I have managed to find myself in three music videos.  The first was for the Swing Ninjas' version of ‘Three Blind Mice’.  It was filmed at the bottom of an opulent winding staircase of a Regency townhouse in the gorgeous Sussex Square.  The filming only took a few hours after work and just involved lots of lindy hop and a bit of Charleston.  I got lots of compliments about my dress - well the brief was a big, swirly skirt, so I think it fulfilled that!
 

 
The second video was for Mr B the Gentleman Rhymer’s ‘Just Like a Chap’.  I’ve previously written about that here but I forgot to add that Auntie Maureen, Pandora and myself went for a delicious Japanese meal at Taro on Brewer Street.  A very good recommendation from Auntie!



The third video was filmed at the Proud Ballroom Brighton in Kemptown (formerly the Sassoon Mausoleum).  It was for a brilliant close harmony trio called The Speakeasy Three covering the equally brilliant ‘When I Get Low I Get High’ (originally by Ella Fitzgerald).  I normally love a day of dancing, but this was filmed the day after the Chap Ball.  I only got home at about half four in the morning so I was a little worse for wear.  I'm wearing a purple and white striped dress if you're trying to spot me.  There aren't any shots of me doing Lindy, but I there're a few bits of me sitting down and dancing like a numpty on my own (I had to share my dance partner).
 



 And as for the radio, I started working on Nick Hollywood’s (the Chap behind White Mink and the Freshly Squeezed record label) radio show a couple of month's ago.  I’m reading listings once a month covering mainly Brighton, some bits in London, and possibly a few bits in Melbourne (the show goes out there to all those antipodean fans of Electroswing).  I record the first Thursday of every month and the show goes out the following Sunday 6-8pm and you can listen live here.


So, quite a busy year and all of it quite unexpected!

What do you think of the videos, had you seen any of them before? Let me know what you think in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment