Saturday 15 June 2013

In Honour of World Gin Day

As you may or may not know, today is World Gin Day and as such, I thought I'd share with you a few little things I won from the lovely folk at Harrods and Hendrick's.  The competition was in aid of the launch of The Great Gatsby - Harrods also had a 1920s themed pop-up bar around the time the film was released.  After answering a quick question on Al Capone, the prizes were mine - all mine!  Ahem.  I didn't really know what I'd won as I was enticed by the words 'Hendrick's Cocktail Kit' and looked no further - I then subsequently forgot I'd won.  So when two boxes blazoned with "Harrods" turned up, I was quickly reminded.
 
Ripping open the boxes (well not really ripping, I'd just done my nails) I was amazed to see how much stuff they'd sent...

 
A teapot and four cups and saucers
 
A bottle of Hendrick's (of course), a Nuance cocktail shaker with a beautiful Streamline Moderne shape and a bar spoon (which I have needed for a long time)
 
 

Cocktail bitters traveller's set from The Bitter Truth
 
 
The Classic Cocktail Bible by Allan Gage, The Hendrick's Cucumber Companion (a book on how to prepare various cucumber garnishes) and a pack of playing cards
 
 
 
Field Guide to Hendrick's, two copies of the book Etiquette for Gentlemen and the Radio 4 dramatisation of The Great Gatsby
 
 

Thank you very much to Hendrick's and Harrods, I shall have a most pleasant World Gin Day with all of these goodies.  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment