Thursday 14 November 2013

The Cocktail Hour with Ginger Fizz


I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on here before, but of an evening, I do the very occasional bit of DJing.  Mainly at friends' nights, I've been lucky enough to spin some platters (only vinyl of course!) at Cotton Tail Club, Rave On, The Black Dove and most recently in London for the recording of MFC Chicken's new live single.  As Ginger Fizz, I'm usually sharing the decks with one of my best gals, Becky Boop and Ms Cotton Tail and collectively we are The Gin Slingers (we even have a facebook page and everything!).

The Gin Slingers - Ms Cotton Tail, Becky Boop and Ginger Fizz
 
Anyway, I digress.  The reason I am talking about DJing (and by extension the music I love) is because a couple of weeks ago I uploaded the first episode of my show, The Cocktail Cabinet, to mixcloud.  Each episode will be themed and as it was nearing the end of October the show was a Halloween special - who doesn't love Halloween tunes?  Most of the songs I play on the shows are things I've picked up on vinyl and are mostly from the '50s and '60s. There will be an awful lot of rhythm and blues, doo wop, rock 'n' roll, a bit of Northern soul, garage and '60s girl groups, with the odd smattering of surf, swing, gospel and popcorn.

 
I hope you'll have a listen to the show and let me know what you think.  The next one is animal themed and should be up either tonight or tomorrow, although I'm having some issues with equipment at the mo.  If you like what you hear, you can follow me on mixcloud, just search for Ginger Fizz.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment